Situated in the historic arts village of La Villita, this two-story limestone house was built by Major Jeremiah Dashiell circa 1850 and is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. The dining room features original woodwork, high ceilings, wrought iron chandeliers and wall sconces, two non-working fireplaces and shuttered doors that look out into La Villita.
The dining room partitions with pocket doors and seats 48 people at round tables of six and 64 guests at rectangular tables of eight.
The grounds of the House comprise the flagstone River Plaza that overlooks the Riverwalk and the bricked Garden Plaza with flowerbeds and palm trees. Both areas are accented by multi-colored lights strung from above and white lighting in the fencing and stonework.
Seating 72 guests, the River Plaza affords a spectacular view of the Riverwalk. To the right barges cruise into view under the Hilton bridge; the stage of the outdoor Arneson River Theater and the much-photographed Rosita’s Bridge can be seen to the left.
The adjacent Garden Plaza seats 64 guests, and the Plazas combine to accommodate 300+ for stand-up cocktails and hors d’oeuvres.
The Dashiell House is a one-of-a-kind setting for Riverwalk events. Contact us now to book this classic Riverwalk venue for your upcoming company or private event.